About The Trust
The Objectives of the Trust
- To promote the conservation, protection, rehabilitation and improvement of the rivers, streams, watercourses and water impoundments in the catchments of the rivers Clwyd, Conwy and the rivers of Gwynedd as well as adjacent areas of their banks.
- To promote the conservation, rehabilitation and protection of the indigenous species of animal and plant life of the rivers, streams, watercourses, water impoundments in the catchments of the rivers Clwyd, Conwy and the rivers of Gwynedd as well as adjacent areas of their banks and thereby enhance the diversity of these areas.
- To advance the education of the public in the understanding of animal and aquatic habitats, their related catchment areas and their plant life and public’s awareness about the need for conservation, protection, rehabilitation and improvement of such environments.
The benefits that arise from the Trust’s objectives are as follows:
- The rivers, streams, watercourses and water impoundments in the North Wales river catchments will be protected so as to preserve and improve the natural habitats. There will also be improved access to the area for the general public, as the Trust aims to assist in opening up some of these areas by means of nature pathways.
- The general public will have a better understanding of aquatic habitats and the need for and methods of protection and improvement of such habitats.
In the Trustees’ view, there is no detriment or harm that might arise from the carrying out of the Trust’s aims. The aims are intended to benefit the public and improve access to and understanding by the public of the natural environment in its entirety.
Any private benefit accruing to riparian landowners as a result of the work of the Trust is wholly incidental to carrying out of the Trust’s work to preserve and improve the natural habitat and improve access to and understanding of the environment.
The Clwyd, Conwy & Gwynedd Rivers Trust is a private company limited by guarantee, registration number: 06100324. The Trust is also a registered charity, registration number: 1127415.
The Main Rivers
Click an image below to learn more.
Reporting an environmental incident
To report an environmental incident such as suspected poaching, pollution or wildlife crime, the dumping of hazardous or industrial waste and illegal abstraction from watercourses etc, call Natural Resources Wales’ incident hotline on 0300 065 3000 (24 hour service).